Tuesday, July 13, 2010

You Are Ok



Advertising is based on one thing, happiness. And
you know what happiness is? Happiness is the smell
of a new car. It's freedom from fear.It's a billboard
on the side of a road that screams reassurance that
what you are doing is ok. You are ok.
-Don Draper








When on my last antique shop adventure I stumbled upon this magazine and couldn't be happier. Looking through it brings up all sorts of ideas of the past. When I flip through the pages all I can think of is scenes from Mad Men and ideas from the book The Feminine Mystique. It was so fascinating. The ads were fascinating and beautiful, but the fashion was absolutely amazing. I loved the dresses, the hats, and the umbrellas. It gave me so many great ideas for outfits. I loved looking through this magazine, and it was definitely worth the two dollars that I paid for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment