Thursday, December 30, 2010

DIY Wednesday: Sweater Clips



Last weekend, when visiting my grandparents for the holidays, my grandmother pulled out all of her jewelry for me to look through. It was amazing. What was better was that she let me bring some of it home with me. So far I have made two necklaces, two pins, and this sweater clip with the broken pieces.

I was inspired by some photos of Zooey Deschanel for this project. I got the idea when I was wearing my cardigan around my shoulders and it kept falling off. First, you need to find a pair of vintage earrings, clip on are best for this project, but the screw on earrings would work as well. Next you will need some hooks and some chain. Simply attach the hook with the chain to a hole that is already on the earring. Attach to both sides at the same place on the earring. Now you are done.

To wear you sweater clip, simply clip the earrings to both sides of your cardigan or sweater. Enjoy and happy DIY'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment