Monday, June 21, 2010

Roadtrips







I have been a very busy girl lately! Last weekend...I went to Columbus on a shopping trip with two of my friends. Then on Tuesday, I left for a family vacation to Atlanta, GA. I took my laptop...with hopes of posting throughout my trips, but alas...my computer would not connect to the internet. It has truly been a great week...but I am glad to be home! I have so much to share and so many photos to upload...so I am going to be sharing that with you the next couple of days....with some outfit posts sprinkled within! I hope that enjoy my photos...I had fun taking them!

One of the first things that I did was visit Stone Mountain! If any of you have been there....then you can vouch for me that this place is absolutely beautiful! I was honestly not expecting it to be such an experience...there were so many different things to do there. We got to walk around the grounds, ride an old train, rode a swiss cable car to the top of the mountain, and then we got to tour an old southern plantation. It was so amazing! I loved the view from the top of the mountain and I also especially enjoyed seeing the plantation houses.

The outfit that I wore was not amazing, because I was trying to be practical for all of the walking that I was going to be doing. However, I did get to wear my newest DIY project...which was my shirt with the lace collar. I saw a vintage top online, and since it was not in my size, I decided to make one myself, with a few minor diferences. I chose to use a t-shirt instead of a sweater. I wore it with denim shorts, a vintage brooch, and a hat. It was so amazingly comfortable for a day of exploring! I had a truly amazing time!

I realized about halfway through this post that I am going to have to do a separate post about the plantation. So for the first time ever you are going to get two blog posts in one day! So enjoy the pictures of stone mountain, and I'll talk to you again soon!!! Have a great day!

P.S. Happy first day of summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment